Let’s get right to it…here are our five reasons why you should visit the Grand Canyon now…
- This Natural Wonder is magnificent in winter. With a soft blanket of snow covering the rims and crevices, it gives another dimension to the temples and buttes emerging from the canyon floor and provides a perfect backdrop to view the canyon’s flora and fauna.
- Fewer crowds. Summer can be overwhelming at the South Rim with so many people vying for the best parking spot, best view, best photo shot. Scenic drives and hiking trails are less congested. Now the timing is perfect, now you can get the best parking spot and the best view, hike the trails, etc. without being engulfed in the summer swarms.
- Winter’s wild animals. Mule deer, elk, California condors, ravens, Abert’s and Kaibab tree squirrels are just some of the wildlife you may glimpse during the winter and early spring months.
- Glorious sunshine. The sun shines and warms you, but without the intense summertime heat. The sun gleaming off the sparkling snow gives visitors an almost spiritual experience.
- It is less than two hours from Sedona. Stay here and you will be back from your Grand Canyon day trip before dark!
Steve, Connie and the gang at El Portal Sedona Hotel will help you with all things, not just Grand Canyon, but Sedona as well. Owners and staff alike are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to what to do at the Grand Canyon and in the Sedona area. Remember – pets stay free at El Portal Sedona Hotel. Call now for your Grand Canyon memories! 1.800.313.0017